Vlog: Running with Dad

I visited my family in Yuma, AZ for a week in August. Mom, Dad, and a sister live out there. I happened to fly in the night before Dad's birthday. He turned 62.

So naturally, we got up and ran six miles together on his birthday.



Fact:
I had to work hard to keep up with Dad. He likes to say he was trying to keep up with me, but he's just being nice.

I'm so blessed to have a running family. So many people in my fam run (most a lot faster than me).

Dad and I are training for marathons. He's doing the Yuma Marathon in January, and I'm doing the X-Country Marathon in November. He's done...I want to say five marathons now. I'm not positive about that, but he did his first marathon in his fifties. For about a year, he had knee problems and took a break from marathons. Now he's back and feeling great.

At Gasparilla one year, he ran a 3:55 (yes, a sub 4-hour marathon).  He was ten minutes off the Boston Qualifier. Now that he's over 60, he has the chance to get a BQ at 3:55. All he has to do is run like he did at Gasparilla! Easier said than done, of course.

I have faith, Dad. You're going to make that BQ! I can't wait to come cheer you on in Boston.

Comments