Almost Half Time

This is the week I get to eat lots of carbs and train less. It's going to be a good week. Why, you may ask? Because the Women's Half Marathon is this Sunday in St. Petersburg!

This last weekend I ran five miles Saturday and five miles Sunday with my hubby and Lance. Did I mention they are both in much better shape than me?



They were sweet and stayed with me, though. We had a great time, and it was my last "longer" running before the race. I opted not to do 10 miles on Saturday like I originally planned and broke it up between the two days. I used my Nike+ sensor and ran at the park with the marked mileage so I know it's accurate. I now feel confident about going somewhere else with the sensor. Lance got good and tired for the rest of Saturday and Sunday, just the way we like him.



I found out from Kathrine Switzer's Facebook page that she will be at the expo again this year for the race. I'm so excited to see her again. I got to chat with her last year about my writing and she was so great to talk to. If anyone is here in town, I recommend you come by the expo at the Vinoy just to meet this amazing Marathon Woman.

Comments

  1. You are almost there! Wish I was there to cheer you on. Excited to hear how it goes! Hugs - Risa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment